Company in the Chicago area Western Suburbs is seeking a Controller. The Company is a technology start-up in the manufacture and sale of LED lighting products. Starting salary between $60,000 to $80,000 depending on experience of candidate. Health insurance and 401K benefits.
POSITION TITLE: Controller (Full-Time)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Administrative Officer
The controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, budgets, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, valuations of inventories and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles utilizing the Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Controller Job Duties:
- Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions.
- Reviews and reconciles all general ledger entries.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP standards.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Present financial information to management in a timely manner.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Involvement in various accounting projects as directed by management.
- Oversees all accounting staff.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelors degree in Accounting
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 3+ years required.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is a must.
- Experience within the manufacturing environment that includes the valuation of inventory utilizing standard costing is desired.
- Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, and develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
Please do not respond to this posting if you are not a current resident of the Chicago/Northern IL Area. Submit your cover letter and resume by June 29, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.